10 minutes to go until the readathon starts. Time for the Opening Survey.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Germany, near Brunswick
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Gott bewahre by John Niven – Original title: The Second Coming
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Actually lunch. It’s almost 2pm, so time for lunch soon.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
27 years old, Master of arts in sociology (not officially by now, but yesterday was my last exam and I passed), german, mostly reading in German, but English as well.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I can’t change anything. I would have loved to be able to read the full 24h, or at least stay awake but unless the starting times vary in the years to come so that each time zone gets to start in the morning once, I will never be able to do so. So …. Same procedure as every year, James. (Which is a catchphrase of a great short movie called Dinner for One. Watch it. It’s such a classic that it runs yearly in Germany, Sweden and other countries and is part of our culture.)
3 Gedanken zu „#Readathon – Opening Survey“
Congrats on your last exam! I really hope it goes well 🙂 Sending a big Guten Tag from Brussels! 🙂 Enjoy the readathon! 🙂
it did, thanks.
Guten Tag back – sorry, I don’t speak French or Flamish :(.
I hope you’ll enjoy the readathon as well 🙂