It’s the final hour of Readathon and while I still have 42 pages in my book and really want to finish it during the ‘Thon, I really want to do the survey, too.
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hours 12 to 19. I slept almost 7 hours and spent another maybe half an hour floating in between, which was way more than I planned to.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a reader engaged for next year?
If there’s a tv show you love and there are books about that show, either adaptations of the episodes or adventures that did not make it to the show itself, read them! I ended up in a Star Trek novel and it’s the best read of the day.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?
Yes! PLEASE vary the start times. You have readers from all over the world, so moving the start time one hour per readathon so that everybody once has the opportunity to start at their favourite hour would be great.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The Instagram challenge. It was kinda cool, doing it along with all the other challenges.
5. How many books did you read?
Two by now, but 3 in 42 pages and I want to finish it!
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Ich habe eine Axt by Patrick Salmen, Mettwurst ist kein Smoothie by Markus Barth and Planet of Judgment by Joe Haldeman.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Planet of Judgment. It’s extremely weird, but funny and sad and creepy all in the right proportions.
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Ich habe eine Axt. It was supposed to be insights of how a misanthropist sees the world, in a funny way. But it was actually only unstructured and boring.
9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Sure I will. But I don’t think I’ll ever be anything but a reader. Sorry about that but I don’t think I have the social skills to actually sit there and be a nice person for one or two hours on command. I can do that when I feel like it, but that can’t be scheduled.
Well, then, thanks for reading and we’ll see each other either in Octobre or during the 24in48.